At Stonewall, we believe that all attendees should be able to fully participate in our events and feel comfortable doing so.
We are taking measures and efforts to ensure that we organise events that are accessible to all. We commit to ensuring that as far as possible we work with you to accommodate any reasonable adjustments that you require. We will take feedback on access issues seriously and work to ensure that we improve and develop after every event.
Hilton Manchester, 303 Deansgate, Manchester M3 4LQ.
Here is a link to the venue floor plan
- The car park entrance is located on Great Bridgewater Street. The car park is operated by NCP. For satellite navigation the postcode is M3 4EE.
- The car park is a 4 min walk from the hotel. If this is an access problem for you, please contact us.
- Blue Badge parking is £25 for 5 to 24 hours. Validate your ticket at reception to receive a 15% discount.
- The main entrance of the hotel is step free and the ground floor is paved.
- The entrance consists of an automatic revolving door, with a side door.
- The surfaces on the ground floor are marble with carpet around the seating area.
- The registration desk is 1.1m high.
- Registration points are DDA compliant for wheelchair delegates
Corridors and access routes
- The corridors/access routes from the main suite to the breakout rooms have a width of 2.4m.
- The walkway from the breakout area to the main suite is 1.95m wide.
- The floors of the corridors/access routes are made of carpet.
The main room - Deansgate Suite.
- It has a combined capacity of 600 people.
- 7m high ceilings
- It is accessible via guest lifts or the staircases, one of which is a spiral staircase in the ground floor or the other which is the straight staircase which will lead to the Deansgate foyer
- The doors are double doors, they are not automatic but can be held open on a magnetic lock. There will be ushers by the doors to help you.
Networking - Foyer
- It has a capacity of 600 people
- The room has level access, via a lift to the first floor
The breakout rooms
- Workshop rooms will have capacity of 60 to 100
- All rooms are situated on level 1 or 2 and can be accessed via the lifts. There will be ushers on all floors to support you in finding your workshop room.
- Free wifi is available
- Wheelchair accessible
- 3 passenger lifts: All can accomodate a wheelchair
- Evacuation Plans: If needed email firstname.lastname@example.org to agree a mutually convenient personal evacuation plan with the venue
- The nearest step-free tube station is Manchester Picadilly (21 minute walk or 3 min tram ride)
For more information on accessibility at this venue, please click here or speak to us at email@example.com.
All facilities will be clearly labelled on the day, including in your programme. Ushers will also be able to direct you to all of these rooms.
Changing Room - Meeting Room 10
- The changing room facilities can be found on the second floor.
- There will be privacy in the form of curtains.
Quiet Room & Multi-faith Room - Meeting Rooms 5 & 6
- It will be available from 8.30 - 17.30.
- There will be seating available.
- In the Quiet Room there will be materials available such as mental distractions, calming activities and useful information leaflets.
- Gender neutral toilets will be available on the first and second floor.
- Accessible toilets will be avaliable, equipped with emergency alarms and are accessible from all rooms via lifts. They are avaliable on all floors of the venue.
Adjustments available (if there is anything not on this list that you might require, please do not hesistate to get in contact and we can see what we can do for you).
- Large print
- Coloured paper
- Induction loops
- Free ticket for support worker
- Refigerated storage
- Reserved seating
- Varied seating options
There will be a palantypist in the closing and opening session.
At Registration we will provide the following additional services
- Personal reserved signs will be available to collect at registration, on request.
- Pronoun stickers will be available
- There will be an Early Bird registration (on request) for those who find the registration process inaccessible. More information about this will be provided at a later date. This will be followed by a short tour of the venue.
- There will be ushers available during the main registration to support delegates.
In the Networking Area the following things will be provided.
- Colour coded lanyards so delegates can indicate their levels of communication preferences
Catering will be clearly labelled. Please do let us know of any dietary requirements or food/drink allergies you have in advance. Upon request, vegetarian, vegan, Halal, Kosher and gluten-free food will be available. We will ensure that any catering requests will be accommodated, so please provide us with as much information as possible when registering to attend conference.
For assistance/guide dogs, we offer water bowls and a toilet area.
Stonewall staff will be wearing red lanyards so they can be identified easily.
There will be an Accessibility Coordinator. They will be available for the day via phone and email to accommodate any access issues you might have. They will be stationed at registration but will be able to move around the venue on the day. Further information about this individual will be communicated to you, nearer the day of conference.
To ensure the safety of all delegates everyone must bring a form of ID and/or a copy of their joining instructions with them in order to access the event. We accept a variety of forms of ID including a government issued photo ID, bank cards or a pass from your organisation. Random bag checks may also be in operation at the entrance of the venue. If you have any concerns about the above or if there’s anything we can do to make the security check process easier for you, please get in touch.
For more information on fire safety and emergency procedures, please email us.
If you can't find what you need in this report or you prefer answers in a different format please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +44 (0) 20 7593 1850 and we will do our best to answer.