Complaints against the Police
Log in
What you can do

Complaints against the police

If you feel that a police officer or member of police staff has acted inappropriately towards you, you can make a complaint about it.

There are a number of ways you can do this. Firstly you should contact the local police service itself who will have a professional standards department and report what happened to them. Your complaint will be recorded by the department and then a decision will be made as to how best deal with your complaint.

You can also ask someone to complain on your behalf such as a the Citizen's Advice Bureau, a solicitor or your local MP or Assembly Member.

You could also contact the Independent Office for Police Conduct.

For further information please contact Stonewall Cymru's Information Service on 08000 502020 or email