There are lots of ways you can Come Out For LGBT at school, college and university.
Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
1. Check your policies include tackling homophobic, biphobic and transphobic bullying
2. Use inclusive language in lessons, resources, assemblies, internal and external communications
3. Ensure your student support signposts LGBT groups and services
4. Stand up for those who are being bullied if it’s safe to do so
5. Order Stonewall resources including posters and stickers to display
6. Organise an assembly about LGBT history, stories or experiences
7. Make sure that your library includes LGBT books
8. Reach out to parents and carers to highlight LGBT equality by celebrating difference
9. Challenge gender stereotypes where possible
10. Celebrate LGBT role models in a display, assembly or newsletter
Stonewall Cymru and LGBT equality in schools
Stonewall works with schools in many ways, including training programmes that give education professionals the tools to fight bullying and celebrate difference. We also work with local authorities and governors and help young people find their voices with our Young Campaigner and Young Leader programmes.