LGBT network groups are an organisation’s strongest resource for inclusion work. However, leading them is a demanding role.
This one-day digital masterclass event on Thursday 15 July 2021 will give you the leadership skills, practical knowledge and supportive network you need to succeed.
From providing peer support, to influencing organisation-wide decisions, holding a leadership role in a network group requires a range of skills. This is your chance to join over 100 professionals from other leading organisations to learn and share ways to ensure your network group is a real force for change.
- Develop your leadership
- Attend a morning session designed by the team behind Stonewall's flagship Leadership programme
- Understand your leadership style and explore how to overcome challenges you're facing
- Develop the tools and confidence to lead your network regardless of seniority in order to influence decisions and provide effective peer support
- Learn practical skills
- In the afternoon, choose from four interactive workshops covering key practical considerations for network groups
- Hear from Stonewall inclusion experts as well as speakers from other leading LGBT network groups
- Build practical action plans tailored to your context
- Grow your network
- Join over 100 other network group chairs and committee members from leading organisations in the UK and around the world
- Hear from other inspiring network group leaders about their challenges and successes
- Benefit from opportunities to discuss and share ideas with others in interactive breakout sessions
Who can attend?
This event is open to anyone who holds a leadership position in an LGBT network, such as the chair or co-chair or a committee member or representative.
If you’re looking to set up an LGBTQ+ network group or resource group then this is the perfect opportunity to learn practical skills to give it a strong foundation.
With the choice of workshops available the masterclass is relevant for network groups who’ve just started out and those who have been developing for years.
What else do I need to know?
The masterclass will run from 10:00 – 17:00 on Thursday 15 July. There will be regular breaks throughout the day. The full agenda including speakers will be published in the coming weeks.
It’ll be run digitally using a range of different audience engagement tools to enable you to participate in the session and connect with other delegates. We’ll use Zoom for audio and visual communication, which can be downloaded for free.
Standard Early Booking - £150.00 (exc. VAT) (available until 28 May)
Diversity Champions members (private sector) Early Booking - £120.00 (exc. VAT) (available until 28 May)
Diversity Champions members (public & third) Early Booking - £100.00 (exc. VAT) (available until 28 May)
Standard- £180.00 (inc. VAT)
Diversity Champions member (private sector) - £160.00 (exc. VAT)
Diversity Champions members (public and third) - £130.00 (exc. VAT)
We want our events to be accessible to everyone. All delegates should expect to feel safe, welcome and included at our events. You can read our access statement here.
These sessions will run via Zoom with up to 130 delegates. There will be smaller break-out rooms for delegates to complete optional discussion activities. Here is a link to the accessibility features Zoom offers.
We will have members of the team on tech and well-being support throughout the session. There will be a British Sign Language interpreter for all open sessions, and captions will be available. For more information please read our access statement.
If you have any access needs, please email email@example.com. We will do our best to accommodate these.