We are inviting sports coaches to take part in a one-day programme, to learn how to create an environment where all LGBT people are able to participate fully in sports.
We know that
- One in seven LGBT young people are bullied during PE lessons
- Three in five regularly hear homophobic, biphobic and transphobic (HBT) remarks in sports lessons
- More than two in five do not feel welcome and included in sports lessons.
Aims of the Programme
- Empower sports coaches to be active change agents, creating more inclusive environments in their teams
- Give coaches the knowledge, tools and confidence to tackle homophobic, biphobic and transphobic language and bullying, and create a sports team where LGBT young people can take part and be fully themselves.
The programme has been funded by the Welsh Government, and is kindly hosted by Cardiff Metropolitan University.
Who and what is this programme for?
This programme is for any person who takes a leadership role within a sports team or club. We are particularly looking for those who work with young people.
When and where?
- Date: Friday 8th December 2017
- Times: 9:30am to 4:30pm
- Venue: Cardiff Metropolitain University, Cyncoed campus, Cyncoed Rd, Cardiff CF23 6XD
- Price: Free
Download the application and monitoring form.
Deadline for submissions is Monday 20 November 2017.
We aim to advise all applicants of the outcome of their application within one week of the submission deadline above. All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.