As part of Stonewall’s commitment to trans equality, we are proud to launch the Trans Allies programme, kindly supported by EY. It will empower attendees to be active and positive allies who work to create more inclusive workplaces for all trans people.
The programme offers you the chance to:
- Explore and better understand language and terminology
- Hear personal stories from trans people and learn about the lived experiences of trans individuals in society and at work
- Recognise your influence and responsibility when it comes to creating an inclusive workplace
Attendees will leave with:
- A deeper understanding of the common impacts of transphobia on trans people and the trans community
- Practical ways to step up as an effective and positive trans ally
- A network of trans allies who can create more inclusive workplaces together
I grew up in the 80s, when the UK was a very different place. The progress the UK has made in equality for the LGBT community would not have happened without the support of many allies. Therefore, as a white gay man, I try hard to bring about positive change for people who identify differently from me. I am determined to support my trans colleagues and customers on a journey where the destination is hopefully true equality for all. As an ally, I take responsibility to consistently influence our working culture and practice to be inclusive and take a zero-tolerance approach to bullying, harassment and discrimination.
John Glenton, Executive Director of Care and Support, Riverside Housing
Who can attend?
Stonewall’s Trans Allies programme is designed for non-trans individuals at any level of an organisation and from any sector or industry.
We actively encourage diversity across our all of our programmes, in terms of ethnic backgrounds, people of faith, disabled people and those who identify as lesbian, gay or bi – and anyone at the intersections of these identities.
The Trans Allies programme is designed to be delivered to between 12 and 36 individuals and is a day-long programme.
Book your place
14 August 2019, Aberystwyth - BOOK NOW
2 September 2019, Cardiff - BOOK NOW
For more information, or to talk to our programmes team about holding an in-house Allies Programme, call 02920 237 744, or email email@example.com.
£300 inc VAT per person for Diversity Champions
£360 inc VAT per person for non-members
Read our cancellation policy.