Update in light of Covid-19: Due to the current circumstances, we are unable to offer face to face training. You can also click here to read an update from our CEO.
Stonewall, in partnership with YoungMinds, has developed a Train the Trainer course for local authority officers, and those who provide services that support children and young people, on improving mental health and wellbeing outcomes for LGBT children and young people.
This course is designed to help you as a service provider to develop your knowledge, tools and confidence to better support LGBT children and young people's mental health and wellbeing, as well as upskill you with practical techniques to deliver elements of the training course to your colleagues.
- To identify what we mean by mental health
- To discuss your thoughts, attitudes and assumptions around mental health and LGBT children and young people including those with specific intersectional identities (BAME, SEND or children in care)
- To identify your role in keeping LGBT children and young people safe, free from stigma and discrimination
- To consider how LGBT inclusive practice and resilience can be embedded culturally across services
- To explore the importance of relationships and what LGBT children and young people tell us that works to help support their mental health and build their resilience
- To explore the importance of looking after yourselves and your colleagues
- To provide you with tools and techniques to deliver elements of this training to your colleague
100% of participants said they would recommend this train the trainer course to others within their services
99% of participants said they now had a greater understanding of issues facing LGBT children and young people around mental health and wellbeing
99% of participants said they had learnt practical techniques to deliver training to their colleagues
I thoroughly enjoyed the day and loved the way the training was delivered. I will be recommending this course!
Very informative training. Crucial for everyone working with children and young people
It was brilliant. Great combination of teaching and interactive activities.
If you are a local authority officer, or you work in an organisation that supports children and young people, please click on the BOOK NOW links which will take you to the booking page.
School staff should NOT book onto this course. Details of our courses for school staff can be found here
Dates and locations for the 2020/21 academic year to be confirmed.
View the cancellation policy.
Get in touch
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7593 1850.