Take action | Cymru
Log in
What you can do

Take action

If you feel that your child is being discriminated against or bullied due to their or your sexual orientgation or gender identity there are a number of things you can do:

  1. Talk to the student’s teacher, head of year, or Head Teacher about the bullying. Ask them to take steps to resolve the matter.
  2. If the matter is not dealt with this way, talk to the school governors
  3. If the matter is still not resolved, go to your Local Education Authority and ask them to take steps (if appropriate)

Stonewall has produced guides and developed training to help schools tackle homophobic bullying [link to ed pages]

For further information please contact Stonewall Cymru's Information Service on 08000 502020 or email cymru@stonewallcymru.org.uk