Trans employees face distinct challenges in the workplace.
These can range from inadequate support transitioning, to direct discrimination and harassment. Stonewall’s Top Trans Employers represent the organisations that received the highest scores in the Workplace Equality Index for creating trans-inclusive workplaces.
Examples of trans-specific work:
- Does the organisation provide support and guidance to individuals who are transitioning while in their workplace, and to their managers?
- Does the organisation enable non-binary employees to be recognised on workplace systems?
- Does the organisation communicate trans-specific events such as Trans Day of Visibility?
- Does the organisation profile trans people in employee communications?
- Do senior leaders send strong messages about their commitment to trans equality?
- Does the organisation offer practical support to trans community groups and events?